PGA TOUR: Lt HURLEY at the controls of CIMB Classic
- Mise à jour : 31 octobre 2014
Seven players share the third position -7, including Sergio Garcia author of 68 (-4) and Lee Westwood who made a superb card of 65 (-7) and made a hole in one on the par 3 hole # 11. The 15th hole in one of his career.
A few words about Billy HURLEY:
- 32, the 196th player in the world
- No victory on the PGA TOUR, the best seats: 4th in 2012 at the AT & T National, 4th in 2014 at Greenbrier Classic.
- Billy Hurley III is the only golfer to have made the Naval Academy and serving in the US Navy for five years, before playing golf full time.
- Dream foursome to play with his father and his brother Jesus Christ.
For the record … Allowed in 2000 at the Naval Academy, he graduated in 2004. At the time active on the USS Gettysburg to Mayport and one of the best American amateur players, he participated in the biggest tournaments and password professional player in 2006, while still on active duty in the Navy. He participated in seven PGA tournaments this year, then on a mission in the Persian Gulf and South China Sea, as a deck officer on the USS Chunghoon. So he leads from the front two apparently incompatible dreams. At the end of his five-year commitment, in 2009, he chose golf without ever renouncing his military commitment. Rather atypical as path!